If you don’t visit a spa often then you might be unaware that there are different kinds of massages that have different benefits for your body. It’s also important to know that More »
Let’s face it. The winter season can make you feel like you’re in a slump. Both mentally, and physically. That’s why it’s important to keep up your exercise routine, even when it’s cold outside. Skiing is a great way to get your workout in while having fun. Gorgeous mountain views are just another added bonus. Whether it is cross-country skiing, or downhill, you’re guaranteed to have fun and burn calories doing it. Here are five reasons why skiing is a great form of exercise.
- Builds endurance: Cross-country skiing, in particular, allows you to keep moving for a longer period. As your heart rate increases, blood moves throughout your body more effectively. Your heart will start to get stronger every time you hit the slopes.
- Lower body workout: Skiing is like one long squat. It strengthens your glutes, hamstrings, and thigh muscles. Even walking up the hill, instead of using the lift, can help boost your leg workout.
- Works your abdominals: Skiing works more than just your lower body. Your abdominals are working to keep your balance and maintain control while gliding down the hill.
- Promotes weight loss: If you’re looking to shed a few pounds you gained over the holidays, skiing can help you get back on track. When it’s cold outside, your body will burn more calories. Those short, bursts of energy can help an average sized adult burn 400-600 calories per hour.
- Keeps you happy: The best forms of exercise are fun. Just being surrounded by a beautiful, snowy mountain landscape will make you feel instantly better. It’s also an activity that you can do with friends or family and make into a winter getaway.
If you’re seasoned skier, or just getting started, you will definitely feel the impact of the workout in the morning. If you’re looking to make your ski trip into a weekend getaway, check out The French Manor Inn and Spa. The bed and breakfast inn sits atop Huckleberry Mountain in the Poconos of Pennsylvania. The secluded destination offers a variety of amenities for every visitor including dining, event space, and spa and ski packages.
Horseback riding is fun and exciting. Even if you are going slow, it is really something to be sitting up high on a horse. A plus to horseback riding is that the trails are beautiful and it is a great way to experience something new as well as taking in all the sights and sounds around you. If you have never been horseback riding you might not understand how fun it can be, but that is not the only benefit. Horseback riding can actually be good for your health as well as good fun. Here are just some of the great health benefits you get from horseback riding.
It is getting pretty close to winter time. Some people may have even turned their furnaces on already. A furnace is a luxury many people enjoy and there is no shock why. When you come in from the cold you don’t want to be just as cold inside. The important thing, however, is to make sure that you are using your furnace safely and properly so that it can have a long life of keeping you warm and cozy. Here are just a few safety tips and tricks to remember when you go to turn the heat up this winter.
There is evidence everywhere that says sitting in a chair for eight to nine hours at work is not good for your back. Sitting in an upright position, even if you have good posture puts a lot of pressure on your lower back which can cause problems for you later on in life. So what can you change about having to sit all day? Get a new job? Of course not, just get a new chair. There are some office chairs that are better than others for comfort and support. Here are the top five office chairs for your back, from most expensive to least expensive.
Stress is a common problem today. With busy working environments and even busier social lives it seems we can never catch a break anymore. This is a problem because increasing stress, mentally and physically, causes many health problems such as insomnia and loss of appetite. In some extreme cases stress can even lead to heart disease. However, if you love the great outdoors here are some fun, exciting and also relaxing outdoor adventures that can help boost adrenaline and reduce stress.
Deciding what type of foods you want to serve on your big day is a tough decision. Weddings bring together different people who like different foods. Even though it is a tough decision, you can never go wrong with a healthy choice! Read below to view some healthy food options to serve at your wedding.
Becoming an alcoholic is an extremely difficult thing to overcome, so it’s important to know the symptoms of alcoholism before it’s too late. Drinking problems can come quickly, especially if you are over consuming your alcohol to cope with a difficulty in your life. Most people don’t realize when their drinking is out of control, so knowing the symptoms of alcoholism could save you, a family member, or a friend from going down a dangerous path.
After a long night’s rest of sleep, your body needs to refuel with a healthy breakfast. It can be hard to stay away from the loaded french toast and hefty omelettes and potatoes stuffed with calories. To meet your breakfast needs, here are four healthy recipes to try out for breakfast.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl